Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Stamping Boutique and Mo Manning

These first two cards were for yesterday's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  Loved the layout!

This one used a digital image from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Too ... Love her children!!!  Such a delight to color with Copics.  This munchkin is wishing his favorite someone a Happy Valentine's Day with a computer generated sentiment.  After sponging a little bit of plum ink on the flourish, I dotted with 2 sized half pearls, same color as the 2 on the main image panel.  I love this paper from Paper Trey - Guide Lines.  It's on the busy side, so I kept the embellishments to a minimum - especially since this looks like it's from a boy.  Bad enough I went with pink and lavendar, right, lol?

I've had this image downloaded from The Stamping Boutique for quite some time and just didn't know what to do with it.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I kept the colors muted and the background paper fairly simple.  I colored this with Copics and accented with some half pearls.












This third card was made by casing this card from Mercy Kerin from the Case Study Challenge blog.  I pretty much kept a similar layout but went with this fun and fanciful digital image from The Stamping Boutique.  The image panel was colored with Copics then popped up on top of the mat below.  The ribbon is from Paper Trey - so soft and lucious to work with.  Finished with some blue pearls and some blue stickles on the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping in,

5 comments:

Sara said...

Good Morning Chickie! Your cards are beautiful! And your coloring is awesome! I see you made it through the first few days of school! Congrats! LOL! Hope the rest of your week is awesome! Happy Creating! Sara

Berenice R. said...

Beautiful cards! :)

Michelle Single said...

Love that bee! I keep looking at it in the store... Think you won me over that I might have to have it! Beautiful cards!!! You are a crafting machine!

Sue Kohler said...

all superb cards, super sweet images, perfectly coloured! thanks for joining us at CASE study! :)

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous cards Collette! Your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study!