Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Luna from Polka Doodles

Well, things are starting to settle down again after getting DD off to college ... Why is it that Florida had the hottest days of their summer (97-99 every day we were there) so far when we were there ... Still, surprisingly, it wasn't as humid as when we got back home to only 82 degrees but 82% humidity.  I need to schedule another vacation!

Anyway, this little darling is from Polka Doodles and she's called Luna.  This week at Kit and Clowder's FB page, they're having a Coloring Competition featuring Luna. 

I printed Luna on Heavenly Smooth cardstock - have to admit I DO like myself some nice Cryogen Irridescent, but I'm out, so will have to be contacting Paper Temptress pretty soon.  I used my Copics to color her.  Background paper is from Bearly Mine Designs, digital paper with daisies and cherries all over - it's adorable, but I seem to have covered most of it up with some Copic colored Prima flowers.  I added a bit of lace to the Cherry Cobbler red strip.

Copics used:
Face:  E000, 00, 02, 21, 11
Hair:  Y32, E31, 33, 35, 37, 59
Dress:  Y00, 11, 13, 15, C00, 01, 03, 05

In addition, I'm submitting to the following challenges:
I forgot how relaxing it is to sit and color these images and design a card ... Note to self - "Do it more often!"

Hope you enjoy Luna ... and hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous, Colette! Love your coloring and that lace is magnificent. Thanks so much for choosing our Anything Goes challenge this week at Through the Craft Room Door. We're honored that you're playing along. Hope to see you again next week.
NanaConnie DT

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow she is so beautiful in her gorgeous yellow attire. Your design is so fun with the lace and flowers.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card Collette and thank you for your comment on my blog and follow it.

Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Wonderful card super cute, thanks for joining us this week at Artistic Inspiration hugs Tania (DT) xx