Saturday, October 04, 2014

Paper Pieced Kit

So, this is my third card using the digital image, Kit, from Saturated Canary.  I'm not sure which one I like the best, each of them have their own attributes.

This one I like because I used paper piecing for her dress and the bow.  I had to keep this one on more simple lines because it will be traveling to Afghanistan, and they frown upon any kind of glitter or sparkly things because they can rub off and attach to the soldiers clothing, making them a larger target than they already are.

Anyway, I printed this digi out onto Cryogen as well as a piece of designer paper from a Basic Grey 6x6 pack.  I shaded the bow and dress with Copics and then fussy cut them out, attaching them to the already colored image on the Cryogen. 
I love the way her dress looks with the floral pattern and the shading.  I'll be honest and say that I'm very pleased.  I used my good ole Creative Memories oval cutting system to partially cut the image out, then fussy cut the parts that stuck outside the oval before matting on some SU Indigo paper.  The card base is SU's pool party, and the stripes is from the same Basic Grey paper pack as the dress so they coordinate in color.  The sentiment is (I believe) from Hero Arts, but I've long since disposed of the packaging this and 8 others came in.  I should do a little investigating, I suppose.

As I said, I kept the layers to a minimum for ease in traveling to a soldier.  I hope you enjoy it, I know I'm happy with the end result, even if it is on the simpler side, layout-wise.

Copics Used:
     Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20
     Hair:  E35,31,Y32,21
     Dress/Bow:  E35,31 ... Petticoat:  Y26,11
     Boots:  E37,35,33,31
     Tights: these were in the E40+ range, forgot to mark

Please come back and see what I have coming up for tomorrow ... I'm super excited to share!!!

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is sweet and gorgeous collette
Gr Karin