These 2 cards were made using a sketch from sketches by Tamara. I used my Creative Memories cutting system after I had folded the card in half.
I didn't realize it til after I posted this one, but I used the same Mouse Under Hat WoJ image for last week's sketch challenge ... So sorry ... He's so cute, though, that I figured no one would mind. I flipped this sketch on it's side to give it a little more interest. After coloring, I added glossy accents to the mousey's hat and his eyes.
Fruit punch stickles added at corners finished it off.
They actually had 2 color challenges over there this week. The original poster was in California - Pacific time ... and I know alot of us were anxious about it, so around the same time, Emily posted this other color combination: Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel and Old Olive ... way more up my alley.
Image was stamped in perm black ink (was a gift through the PIF thread), which I colored with prismas and gamsol. I also followed The Mojo Monday sketch #72, which can be found at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/. The 2nd layer down, I scallop border punched the bottom and circle punched the sentiment, matting it in coral then with the scallop circle punch, matted it up on dimensionals.
For the cross bar, I stamped a coral strip of paper with coral ink of a generic leaf, then matted it onto the Olive cardstock with a wider bottom margin so I could cut with the SU scallop border punch. On top of this, I added a strip of wasabi ribbon across the coral cardstock, finishing with a tied bow.
SU's Lovely Lilac, Green Galore, Pink Passion and Temting Turquoise.
I'm not typically drawn to these bright colors ... (Ask me, then, why is it I had every shade of cardstock - except the pink passion - and every shade of SU inkpad) ... but I gave it a whirl. I stamped the flourish on SU's glossy white c/s then took above 4 colors of ink and randomly stamped them all over the cardstock, then covered the swirls in diamond stickles to sparkle it up a bit. I matted on lilac cardstock then put brads in the corners. This image panel was squared against the base of the card with another layer (green) set askew after having run it through the CB Swiss Dots folder. The base is actually white with a layer of turquoise that I also ran through the CB using a floral folder. After, I sponged some ink in green for the stemps and leaves with some lilac on the flower.
This second card was done with same technique- Versamark on glossy with different colors smoodged over the versamarked image. I matted on turquoise then green galore - both of which had the right side scalloped all the way down.
The base is lovely lilac with some polka dot paper that I ran through the CB argyle embossing folder then sponged with some lovely lilac. I finished the card off by adding some thin pink organdy ribbon that I threaded through the pink eyelets.
This card was made using the shadow box method, TLC206. The template can be found [url= http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3889159&postcount=1][color=blue] Here [/color][/url].
This was the first card I've ever done using this technique. The image is on white and then I colored with gamsol and prismas colored pencils before matting on red. This was actually fairly easy. The harded part for me was cutting out the red papers to put on top of the green to give a bit of a green border around the recessed window. That, and packaging it so it doesn't get squished when it goes through the postal thing.
This card was for the LSC 205 Limited supplies challenge over on SCS. Miss Boo had us create a clean and simple card. I had to add one layer ... I stamped the image and the sentiment on white then ran it through the cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, then I sponged the edges with blue bayou before finishing off with a blue bayou double stitched ribbon. Base is Bashful Blue.