Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Card fun ... Plus shop my Etsy shop to help Mandy


This card was made for today's sketch challenge as well as yesterday's color challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  The digital image is from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Too.  I colored her with Copics and matted on Razzleberry before popping her up for dimension.  Card base is saffron with razzleberry designer paper.  The two middle panels are the same designer paper flipped over and matted on Tango.  I added some saffron grosgrain ribbon to the lower panel.  The sentiment is computer generated and punched with a scalloped oval punch before popping up and extra layer so it sits above the image panel.  Finished off with some clear spica on her wings and red spica on her dress ties.  This is such a super cute image - I'm loving it!



My second card was made following last week's sketch challenge.  The image is a digital image from The Stamping Boutique.  I colored outside the tree with Copics to keep the tree white & snowy-looking before I added some diamond Stickles to the snowflakes.  Card base is bashful blue with marina mist used as the mats for the different layers.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up, stamped in marina mist.  I added some diamond Stickles to the sentiment panel as well as in the upper left for some faux brad action - to give it a bit of sparkle.  The designer paper is from Stampin' Up.

This 3rd card is just for fun ... An autumn card.  This digital image and sentiment are from glitterbabe over at Copic Muskateers.  At first, I thought the line drawings were a bit thick, but after coloring, I'm liking how this looks.  I added some glossy accents to his eyes and nose and popped a few highlights on with my white gel pen.  The various leaves were stamped in cajun craze, mustard and artichoke around the edges.  I sponged the edge with some mustard before matting on cajun.  I used the Stampin Up slot punch to give me space for a ribbon tie then popped the image panel up for dimension.  The card base is artichoke then cajun then some digital designer paper.

4th and last card (for now) is one I didn't think I was going to like, but now that it's done and on the card - I'm quite fond of him.  This digital image is from Whimsy and he was colored with Copics.  I added some glossy accents to his cheeks before cutting him out to pop him up for dimension.  I wanted to stay with the swiss cheese look, so I used some polka dotted designer paper and then put a strip of white cardstock that I had run through my swiss dots embossing folder then sponged with mustard.  I picked this bright ribbon to match the cheese.  The sentiment is computer generated and was punched with my scalloped oval punch, as was the mat, which I offset slightly before popping up for dimension.

Well ... I finally decided to take the plunge .... (The Nestea plunge, you ask?  ... Am I dating myself?) ... I opened up an Etsy shop. 

Now for the sad part to my story ... There is a young woman in our community who is involved in the local young girl pagaents as well as our cheerleading organization.  She was recently diagnosed with breast and lung cancer.  She has begun chemotherapy treatments and has already lost her hair.  Within the next couple of weeks, she is slated for surgery on her breasts and on her lungs.  Mandy has 3 children ranging from 13 down to 3 at home.  If you're interested, Mandy's story can be found HERE . Warning, she does not mince words and there's an 'adult content' warning you need to click on before entering due to her blunt language.

Our cheerleading organization has organized a t-shirt drive for Mandy, but I thought if I could sell some of my cards, for the entire month of October, I would donate all the proceeds to Mandy and her family.  I just filled a box last week with cards that I was sending to Operation Write Home, so my stash was substantially reduced, but I was able to put up 36 cards so far.  4 of them have actually sold - yippee! 

If you get a chance and like some of the cards I've featured on my blog, please hop over to my  Heaven Sent for You Etsy shop and take a gander.  Remember, for the entire month of October (Cancer Awareness month), I'm going to donate all proceeds from the sale of the cards to Mandy and her family.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by ... Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you.

No comments: