Friday, December 31, 2010

The Stamping Boutique and Tiffany Doodles samples

Okay, so I lied - I had more to do today, lol. Or would that be yesterday, seeing as how it's now 1:13 am. I sat down at my stamp table with FULL INTENTIONS of straightening it up in preparation for Splitcoast Stampers' Wish RAK New Years' Cards for the Troops Challenge (what a mouthful) for tomorrow night, but needless to say - Shocker, I know - I got distracted.

I saw these images sitting there getting cold - they were after all printed last week! So I figured I'd color them up ... well ... I like to have the colors coordinate w/the rest of the color on the card ... 'nuff said, right?

This first one ended up being 5x7 because I didn't pay attention when I was enlarging this digital Cynthia image from The Stamping Boutique. She was colored with Copics then I added some diamond Stickles to her wings and dress, then some glossy accents to the hearts. This sentiment is from Unity's November KOM. Because I stamped with SU ink, I colored this with blender pen and marina mist ink, then added a bit of Stickles to the "CAKE" part. Jumbo circle was cut with Creative Memories cutting system thenm punched to thread the ribbon through. The sentiment was cut with Nesties. Background was actually handmade. I used white base then clear embossed vintage flourish then sponged Marina mist to pop up the embossed part. Went over some of it with the same flourish stamped in marina mist for texture.

This second card is a digital image from Tiffany Doodles. Tiffany's new storefront is opening up this Saturday - it will make it even easier to shop for her fun Digital images.  Make sure to check it out. Please go to her blog to see about the giveaways you can win for the next couple of days in honor of the new storefront. The digital image was fairly simple, so I jazzed up the card a bit more to compensate. The background paper is Japanese designer paper - lucsious! (where's my spell check?) After coloring the image with Copics, I used long oval Nestie then sponged inside with red. That red brad is 'hanging' the hearts up. The primas were colored with Copics (Misted first with alcohol then streaked R22, R24, R27 and set aside to dry - then added some lipstick Spica streaks for some sparkle). The sentiment is from Stampin Up's Full of Life set.



Here's another one from The Stamping Boutique - I love girly images - can you tell, lol? This was colored with Copics in BG72,75 and RV11, 13, 14 (if memory serves me correctly). I used the xacto to cut the scallop edges then added some cotton candy Stickles to the 'bunting' before matting on bayou - perfect match for those BG copics! The sentiment was computer generated.




This last one (for I am far too tired to even look in the direction of my stamp table) might be my favorite of the day - maybe because its restful to the eyes (at 1:29 am, now). This is from Tiffany Doodles, colored with Copics, again using the BG72, 75, 78 and RV11, 13, 14 combination. I did the same misting technique to color these primas then added streaks of clear glitter gel pen. Can you believe this brad is a perfect match to the baja breeze? Although on this pink flower, the green seems to fade out. This was my first card of the day - based on Splitcoast's challenge for today - Use Silver. The thread is silvery grey, the outer portion of brad is silver, and I don't know if you can tell, but I used a CM silver gel pen to create faux stitch lines around the sentiment and image panels so they'd shine. This is one of my favorite designer papers. I cut it down when I first got 4 sheets of it, now I'm running low - eek!

Anyway, thanks for taking another look in my closet.

Don't forget to check out Tiffany Doodles blogspot this Saturday to get the link to her new Store Front.

And if you're not doing anything else - check out Splitcoast Stampers' Wish RAK (Random Act of Kindness)New Years Challenges for the Troops - all cards will be sent to the troops via Operation Write Home.



3 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful! I sure hope that you are planning to sleep in a bit this morning or maybe having an afternoon nap! LOL! (The nap sounds good! LOL!) Anyways, back to your cards... I love the background paper that you created! It is beautiful! On the last card... did you stitch it by hand or with the sewing machine? Happy New Years Eve... Stay safe and I hope you have a great 2011!!!!
Happy Creating! Sara

Unknown said...

You have left me in awe again. Thanks for the inspiration. Your creations are just beautiful!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Collette I enjoyed visiting your blog so much today, your cards are beautiful!