Thursday, September 08, 2011

SplitcoastStampers' Ways to Use it WT339

This week over at SplitcoastStampers' Ways to Use it Challenge, we're continuing on our Back to School theme - this week the challenge is to use Staples. 

My friend just took her son out to Georgetown for his first year at college and she asked me to make a handful of cards that she could write to him.  Being a boy - I pulled out a masculine digital image from Tiffany Doodles and colored him with Copics.  I computer generated the sentiment - wanted this to be kind of clean since this guy's 18 & wouldn't appreciate too many layers or embellishments.  I sponged the edge with Tim Holtz Tea Dye and matted on garden green.  The background paper is ferns & such, matted on garden green also.  I took some jute and wrapped it around the background layer and then stapled it into place.  Finished off with a few sprigs of a punch from Martha Stewart before adding it to the chocolate base.

I have to say, I'm liking the staples, will have to run out and get some colored ones now.
What do you think?  Love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Great card for a man. Love the image and the staples look fab.
Denise xx

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous masculine card.