Sunday, September 07, 2014

Polka Doodles Maddie

This card was made with Autumn in mind ... Specifically for the Bearly Mine Designs' September Challenge - To use autumnal colors, specifically oranges, golds, greens and browns.

This digital image from Polka Doodles is called Maddie's Hy Curl, and I thought she'd be perfect - dressed as she is, for the fall.  The image was colored with Copics, cut out with my good-ole Creative Memories cutting system.  The DP is from Bearly Mine Designs, specifically from their Fall Fancy set and a plaid print (not sure which set it's from).  I layered everything with Stampin Up cardstock: garden green, more mustard, and cajun craze.  I added some Sizzix flourish dies in the cajun and green before finishing off with some gold paper flowers (generic).

Copics I used for coloring include:
   Skin:  E13,11,21,00,000,R20
   Hair:  YR14,18,E09,29
   Hat:  E47,44,43,42,41,W9,W7
   Sweater:  YG67,17,13,11
   Pants:  YR18,09,07.04.02
   Shoes:  E39,37,35,33

I'm also entering it into the following challenges:
 Delightful Challenges - Don't be Square
(while the card IS square, I was focusing on the image)
Crafty Hazlenut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations #125 - Autumnal Colors

 I just love this new paper pack, Fall Fancy, it was a shame to cover it up, but this digital image was just too cute, I had to find her a home.

Thanks for stopping by ... Have a great day!

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Collette this is very beautiful.
Gr Karin

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Collette, Thank you for joining DigiStamps4Joy Blog Hop and stopping to visit and join my Blog as a Follower. I hope you are one of the winners on the Blog giveaways. Big Texas Hugs, Antoinette. PS Don't forget we have a Challenge going on all month of September THEME:Celebration. http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.com/

Dawn C said...

Welcome to the team Collette & I see you are a member over at Kit & Clowder, so am I . Your colouring is fab. I am at the beginning if the skin & hair class. Look forward to working with you here at Bearly Mine x

Robin Parker said...

Your coloring is awesome!! Thanks for sharing on the Delightful Challenge.

Pulsatilla said...

WOW - your card looks amazing!!! You coloring so fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Design!!! hugs, ANDREA

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Dorothy H said...

What a cutie! Thanks so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous autumn themed card, perfect for our 'Autumn Colours' challenge. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Andreja L. said...

Cute, cute card :-))
Love the stamp and all the beautiful colors that you used for it.
Thank you for sharing it with us on the Bearly Mine Challenge this month!
Hugs, Andreja