Thursday, August 07, 2014

CHEERS for Tiddly Inks !

Tiddly Inks is having a Design Team Call through August 12th.  If you're interested, head over to their site and check it out.  And while you're there, check out their shop for both digital and clear stamps.  I promise you up front, it WON'T be a quick visit! 

I've been coloring like crazy the last few days with my Copics, alas, none of the images colored were Tiddly Inks.  I always like to support companies if I'm doing one of their challenges by using one of their images, so I went shopping this morning and holy cow ... came out with a bunch ... I even made a wish list to come back shopping for more on payday ... Uh Oh!

The image I chose to represent for this challenge was this adorable cheerleader.  The cheer season has begun and we've already started our JV practice.  While we have two wonderful junior coaches, this week we were blessed with a darling girl who subbed for the other two ... As soon as I saw this cheerleader image, I HAD TO HAVE HER ... and have now made a Thank You card for Kenz, which I know she'll appreciate.


I started off printing the digital image on Neenah Solar White.  I used my Copics to color this beauty in.  Since our colors are purple and black, I kept her uniform and poms (which we don't have as cheerleaders, but what the heck) our signature colors. 

Hair:  Y21, E31, E35, E37
Skin:  E000, E00, E02, E11, R21
Purples:  V12, V15, V17
Shoes:  C00, C1, C3, C5, C7

I painted on some clear Wink of Stella on the poms and her bow after the card had been assembled.

Cardstock, DP is Stampin Up Eggplant Envy and Lavendar Lace; grosgrain is also SU.

Sentiment is from Paper Trey's Butterfly Dreams (as are the two butterflies floating on the top, which I cut out with a tag die and tied with purple embroidery thread to the bow.

Finished it off with some pretty flowers and pearls and a couple of swipes with my white gel pen on the poms.

I'm also presenting this for the Kit and Clowder Facebook sketch challenge this week.  If you're on Facebook,

Thanks for stopping by  ... Have a great day!

Collette

 

2 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh my! thats just gorgeous. I love purple but I totally suck at using it!! good luck with the Dt call hunny
hugs Lou xx

ccroll said...

Thanks for sharing multiple cards with us and each one is just gorgeous!
Christy