Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dare to Get Dirty has kept me busy!

Between these Dirty Dozen challenges and life, I've been kind of busy. I started off the challenges doing a bunch of vellum cards. I knew I should have held back. I ended updoing about 6-7 of them (probably because I was all fired up.) The first day, Jody (texasjodylynn) had us work on a card from the ribbon out. I don't recall ever seeing it, so I immediately thought of putting ribbons at each of the 4 corners. From there, I figured I'd try to use the Fiskars scallop around the entire border. (My wrist still hurts 5 days later.) Even with the tin foil and the was paper punches, I still can't get these Fiskars to punch smooth.
Anyway, here's a picture of my ribbon card.

As I said, the next was for the vellum challenge. I'm only going to include my favorites here:



As soon as I put the vellum through the Cuttlebug, I knew I wanted to use it as a shower curtain. Yes, okay, I went out to the stamp store and bought the Whipper Snapper's Hog Wash that day. I also like the card with the green ribbon. I embossed the image in white on the vellum and flipped it over to color it. I flipped it back over & used a Dreamweaver stencil in diamond grids along with SU's Going Grey to 'shade' at the intersections of the diamonds. You can just make it out from the photos. I really like the way the diamond patterns look with the vertical stripes in the background paper.
As for the third card, I just like the softness of the look. I stamped underneath and stamped the sentiment image on the vellum layer. I also attached a cute bee brad I found at the store to help keep the vellum attached.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

What a great idea...vellum that is embossed...huh..I can't believe that never occured to me! TFS...nice blog!