Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Got up early yesterday and stamped, stamped, stamped. I caught myself up on the SCS challenges from Kokirose's Featured Stamper to faux dry embossing to the color challenge. And, I made some extra birthday cards to catch up. I also made a Welcome card for our cousin's newest edition, Colton. I'm only going to describe the one, Faux Dry Embossing technique since the rest are fairly self-explanatory.
The Faux dry embossing was done using tone on tone stamping - this works best with either a silhouette or outline or flourish stamp. I took Rose Red cardstock & stamped in Red Red ink, then (works best if you have a Stamp A Ma Jig) after cleaning the stamp, ink it in white pigment (craft) ink & slightly skew the image - just a fragment, maybe 1/16th of an inch, almost so you don't even notice the difference. It actually looks like I used a stencil & the paste to raise the image. I love this. I've used this technique before, but you always forget about them somehow.

I can't be too chatty today because I have to read 2 chapters for Microbiology before tomorrow's class.
Kokirose (Patricia's) Featured Stamper challenge:


These were for the Faux Dry Embossing Challenge as well as the color combination: SU's Kraft, Rose Red, and Black. I like the way they go together!


And these were my miscellaneous cards ...








Thanks for stopping by !

1 comment:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello Collette,
your cards are wonderful!
hugs
Claudia