Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This card was to be from a soldier to send home to his 'girl'. (I like to make these kind of generic, 'cuz you never know if they have a significant other, mom, aunt, grammy, sister, etc. that they'd like to write home to.)
While I'm not usually a Halloween card fan - I liked making this one. I have the background stamp that looks like bricks. I stamped onto pumpkin SU cardstock & added the spider. The pumpkin was stamped separately & bumped up on dimensionals, as was the sentiment. I love this ribbon I found - colors of candy corn, so HAD to had it, dontcha know.


This card was for a young man, any age that had an animal on it. I got this image through the PayItForward threads at SCS. Absolutely loved coloring him with the prismas & Gamsol.










These next 2 cards were made for Masculine birthdays, but the caviat was that we had to create some type of pocket to the card. Love the criss-cross folded one. Added some hemp to make it look even more Southwestern. The skull's head image is actually on a smaller note card that flips up. I really like the colors that came out on the right with the pocket card, too. The tag is 2-sided - vanilla layers on each side - so you can write a note.

Darling one had her BFF over when I was trying to do all these challenges - needless to say, I didn't get as much done as I wanted to because they wanted to help. They snagged every last one of my Sick Riley's so they could make their own Get Well cards for the soldiers. They made some Thank You cards as well, writing in all of them, for a grand total of 49 cards.


In the meantime, this was a set of cards I made - wanted to use up the paper, so I made 3 different but similar versions.



These were some of the Thank You's I came up with as well.

Non-Traditional Holiday colors was the theme here. Like the way they turned out. Each one of them in different color schemes, yet very obviously Holiday cards.

No comments: