Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Here's a few random cards that I've made in the last week that I didn't get a chance to post before. What do you think?
This card was made using a Black Magic technique. I stamped white craft/pigment image and once dry, dipped my prismas directly into the gamsol & colored onto the black cardstock. It made the colors a little more vibrant than I'm used to, hence the Black Magic title, I guess. I made the background paper using single flower stamped multiple times.

This second one was made in the same fashion, but I used a Penny Black image instead. The sentiment on the sign the Hedgie is holding was handwritten after the image dried.

This was for a sketch challenge. Love the image. I got it as an extra through the PayItForward thread. I paired some very old SU designer paper (white/red plaid) with some new bright and bold ladybug paper.

This is one of the larger stamps I have. Never sure how to work on them. Because of it's size, this card is the 5x5 size. I loved coloring this image. Half way through I wanted to change the flower to a purple color - okay, will do that on the next one I stamp. I used water colors and prismas with gamsol for the colors to get it 'just right'.

I love the way this card turned out. I have this funky stamp that is shaped like a paint swirl & I stamped in a lighter blue first, then the image was stamped in Versafine with a darker blue. Simple as that. Yet look how great it looks.
These next 2 cards were made using a technique involving Lumiere paint, Pearl ex, acetate. For the correct instructions, feel free to check this out: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380530&page=3

Make sure you go to the FIRST post in the thread for directions. Because I didn't have Lumiere paint, the closest thing I had was Mod Podge. I mixed this with the pearl ex in Pearl, gold and bronze to get this Fall feel, and then stippled each individually onto the acetate. LONGEST 3 hours just waiting for it to dry. I ended up running the layer of cardstock below the acetate through the Cuttlebug that had been stamped with rust ink just to make some of the leaves stand out a bit more. I'm SO loving this thick chocolate satin ribbon, how about you? Did pretty much the same thing on the second card, just used a different folder for the Cuttlebug. I ended up with the shimmer side face up when I embossed it. I'd do it differently next time, painted side would go down.

Made these to give to some of the Policemen and Firemen in our area on this Thursday as a Thank You for all they do. All of them are colored with prismas and gamsol.


I have this image in a smaller version that I got from the Pay It forward thread but liked it so much that I went out and got the larger version. I used the SU Parisian designer paper & split it in half & flipped one half over to coordinate.
Well, that's just about caught me up ... Thanks for taking the time to peek at my Blog. Come back soon.

1 comment:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I sure have been missing out on some fabulous creations!!! And I LOVE that swirl behind the trees......I totally am gonna have to CASE that!!!