Saturday, December 06, 2008



All 6 of these cards were for an Inspiration challenge over at Splitcoasters. The inspiration came in the form of wrapping papers. Lots and lots of bright colorful patterns that we needed to be inspired by. I actually made over 10 cards from this challenge, so I must have been pretty inspired at the time.

The first 3 are fairly straightforward stamping. For the 4th one (with the dual Pine trees), I took a mask in the shape of 2 separate triangles and mini sponge daubers and 'twisted' the dauber on the paper. This effect spreads the ink so it's darker in the outside rim of the circle and lighter at the center, to give the circles a ball like appearance. I used 3 different shades of green to compliment the DP on the card. For the 5th card, I followed the deets for a Buckle card. I went to the Resources sections of the SCS website to find the pattern. My favorite of the bunch has to be this big square card. I took white card stock and vellum cardstock and tore them into strips. I layered white on vellum and interspersed the layers all down the card, attaching them with silver eyelets.
The challenge for this card was to create a circle medallion using a corner punch. We cut the circle out first, then punched it around with a decorative corner punch. I added a scalloped edge behind the circle in hunter green & was able to finish the card with a wide strip of the green satin ribbon.

Finally, got some new blood in ... Received these Whipper Snapper images and had a field day. The first one is Shoveling Snowman, then Christmas Trio, then Chicken on a Swing. These Whipper Snapper stamps are just so stinking cute.

This one here is Edward the Elf. Elves are pretty hard to come by nowadays, but this guys pretty darned cute. As for the cat, don't you think it looks like Snickers? (I know .. who's Snickers)

These images are from Rubber Necker. First 2 are 30-40's throwbacks. I loved coloring them and matching outfits with the designer paper. The Girl hugging the flag is more cutsey than the others, but was feeling very patriotic when I colored it.

The 2 challenges on the left were left over from the Splitcoast sketch challenge SC205. The one on the right is from a challenge where we were supposed to use only Snowflake DP, snowflake embelly and keep the card monochromatic. I ended up punching out the edges with a border punch on each side of the dark blue cardstock strip and finishing it off with white sparkly snowflake dies.
I think that may be all that fits here in this post, so I'll be off for now ...

No comments: