Saturday, December 06, 2008


These items are now in a box on their way to my Secret Elf. The first one is an altered address book. I put an inside sheet inside the plastic to finish it off. The 2nd picture is of a 5x5 photo album. I covered the chipboard with Perfect Plum assorted DP and ModPodged the outside cover for additional protection. I used scraps of the PP-DP on the inside of the scrapbook to give it a little bit of oomph, yet still leave her room to make it her own. I made the rings shorter to give it a different look than I see all the time, and put it right in the middle.
I also made her a journal out of one of those composition books. I know this idea has been around forever, but I'm such a huge fan of the pretty journals. I stamped the image on vellum & embossed in white then colored the back side of it with markers. I scored the corners & matted them on coordinating plum, old olive and mellow moss DP's. The reason the book looks so crammed full is ... well, because it's crammed full. Full of stamped images that she had on her Wish list as well as a couple of other goodies that she's expressed an interest in. I finished this journal off by attaching a 1/4 inch grossgrain ribbon in the mellow moss.
Purple IS her favorite color, so I'm hoping she likes all the altered items and the other miscellaneous goodies I stuck inside the box. I can't show you the final altered item until after next Friday when we get to open the boxes. (you guessed right - it's personalized).
Anyway ... thanks for listening to me ramble for the last hour. I enjoyed making these cards and altered items so much, I can't wait until my Microbiology class is over in 2 weeks so I have a bit more time to spend at the stamping table once again.
Keep your eyes peeled, tho ... cuz I got a few Whiff of Joy images and I can't wait to play with them. They're so beautiful. All the girls remind me of my DD ... and she's certainly a honey!
Take care and we'll 'see' you later.

No comments: