Friday, December 12, 2008

Had some more time between studying to pop off a few more cards ...
This is one of my Whiff of Joy images. I love these stamps because they remind me so much of my DD. This challenge on SCS was for Ways to Use it - Half Baked (WT196) - to use half an image or somehow incorporate 'half' into the mix. I used my SU Parisian DP and cut strip from the striped piece to make it look like Willow was walking through the door with her plate of scrumptious cookies. I love this paper, and the colors in it ... my only problem is- I'm OUT of Burgundy c/s. I just love these Whiff of Joy images!
This challenge was the color challenge for the week - Teal, Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze (CC196). When I first heard the colors announced, I thought "Uh Oh" .. Couldn't wrap my brain around them. But played around with them and scoped out images, and decided to use some of my original stamps ever bought ... Judith. The set on the left are nearly identical, just switched around the cardstock layers. Same with the one on the right. Both sets are 'build it up' sets (don't know what else you call it) ... Left: stamp the green several times to make it look either like a bouquet or flowers drying upside down. Then you take the floral stamp (on a stick) & go to town. On the right, after adding the colored lights, on 2, I 'strung' gold or platinum stickles to make it look like garland. On the 3rd one, I added glossy accents on each bulb to make them 3D and shiny.
I'm not too keen on this one ... the challenge was a sketch challenge (SC206), and for the size of circles I wanted to put on for these images, I had to go long - business envelope-long. What stumped me was the DP and the colors. Not sure if it was to use up the last of my very old SU DP or what, but I landed on this Brilliant blue, real red, summer sun combination. I'm not a fan of the primary colors (that's to say I don't USE it much unless I'm told to) ... while I like the basics of it, I'm still not sure about the color combinations. I need to snag some smaller circle punches, too, I think.
Anyway - thanks for stopping by again.

1 comment:

Kelli in Kentucky said...

I like all of them but really like the red and blue ones. They are so pretty and I love those colors together. And the garland looks great.