Been in a rut lately - cards all seem to come out the same, so I was grateful to my Stampin Up demo, Eileen, for our stamp camp this weekend.
Here's what we created.
First card was made with vellum that was run through the SU rose embossing plate. I trimmed out the top and layered it on pink striped DP then added white satin ribbon with faux pearls. I added some more pearls at the top directly on the DP. Sentiment was stamped in black on white and punched with oval punch then layered with a pink pirouette punched from the scallop oval. This is such a soft, feminine card.
This next one was cut with an SU die cut out of black then was run through the Harlequin embossing plate for dimension. I used a white signo gel pen to create the stitch marks. Flowers were stamped with pixie pink and punched with the scallop circle punch. Added some black punched circles for the centers. I took one flower (thanks, Norma for the idea) to cut individual petals. The sentiment is in black on white then punched with the oval punch and matted on pixie that was punched with the scalloped oval punch and popped up on dimensionals. Added some white grosgrain ribbon to the handle and beneath the sentiment. Base is pixie with black then white layer that I doodled on with black and pixie marker.
This next one was stamped with versamark on white and clear embossed. I then sponged saffron and cameo coral randomly for the background and matted on grey then added 3 yellow brads. Corner was punched from grey and Walk in the Park DP, fastened with another yellow brad. The sentiment is in rose on white, punched with the oval punch then matted on rose which was punched with the scalloped oval punch. A yellow brad attaches it. The base is saffron with white layer then Walk in the Park DP, using saffron ribbon crossways. I'm loving this color combination!
This card was created by watercoloring the stamped image with aqua pen and ink pads. I then free-hand cut the image out and popped it up on dimensionals. The image panel is sponged on top with baja or bashful, I forget, bottom is saffron, which was then popped up onto a pink pirouette layer. This pink layer was punched in the corners with cropadile punch and threaded with chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. I knotted the 2 side ribbons at the center. This layer was also popped up on dimensionals. The base is riding hood red then pink then bella rose DP. I stamped the sentiment in riding hood on a piece of DP then folded it over the edge, attaching it with a sparkly white brad and finished by notching the end of the 'ribbon'.
This last card might be my favorite. The flower image was stamped 2 times and colored with ink pads and aqua pen then cut out so they could layer as a cluster of flowers. The butterfly was stamped in saffron and baja and cut out free hand. I should have pinched the yellow layer a bit more for the photo so you could see it, but it's really nice. The sentiment was stamped in baja and punched with the oval punch and matted on baja punched with the scalloped oval punch. The base is Saffron then white, then Walk in the Park DP (yellow on right side and baja on left side) with a strip of baja that I punched with the SU eyelet border punch. I covered the seam with saffron ribbon. Note the silver cord that I tied around my butterfly to give the illusion of antennae.
Thanks again, Eileen - it was just what the body (or should I say mind) needed. I can't wait for the next one.
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to any comments you might have, as always.