Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Couldn't do the challenge ....

Yesterday's Technique Lover's Challenge TLC217 at SCS was to do a Gesso resist with a magazine page. Ok, so I don't have any Gesso ... I don't have any white glue to MAKE homemade gesso ... and I don't have a magazine in the house. I liked the look, so went ahead with this card.

The background was stamped with versafine onyx with 2 script stamps in collage fashion. The image was stamped in Versamark on white then clear embossed. I used baja breeze and kiwi kiss ink pads to sponge randomly in small circles to highlight the butterfly and flourish then matted panel on olive. The base is olive with an unk DP matching NQN in color. I added a bayou grosgrain ribbon across, threading it through the slot I made with the SU horizontal slot punch. The sentiment is Hero arts on white and punched the circles with CM punch then sponged it a bit with kiwi and baja.

I'm a sucker for the collaged cards, what can I say ... I'll be getting the Gesso, tho, to try out this technique because the samples shown are amazing.

Thanks again for popping your head in. Hope you come back soon.

1 comment:

Erin Bigler said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE those colors and the white butterfly contrasting with the black text...just beautiful!