Monday, April 20, 2009

Taking me a while to get back into the swing of stamping ... Here's some I've done over last couple of weeks.
First one is from the Ways to Use it challenge from Splitcoasters, WT214, to incorporate a frame. I used a chipboard frame from the dollar store and sponged Tea Dye all over to distress it. The image is one of the NEW Whiff of Joy's "Melinda with muffin Basket" that I colored with prismas and gamsol. The DP was purple and green floral print that I also distressed and upt on some Perfect plum c/s. Finished off with some purple stickles and eggplant grosgrain ribbon at opposite corners. This card is actually 5x7 in size.

The next 3 are from last week's Sketch challenge, SC224 from Splitcoasters. I really liked this sketch & couldn't seem to stop. This first image was from a swap on SCS, think it's one of the gorjuss girls images. I colored with prismas and gamsol and added sparkly blue gel pen to the dots on her skirt. I pierced the corners before matting on real red and popping up on dimensionals. The card base is white with real red, then SU DP. I cut coordinating strips of the same DP for the cross strips and finished with some red brads.
This second card was made with the same sketch. Love Bubbles hedgie ws colored with prismas and gamsol, matted on sage then popped up on dimensionals. The DP was digital paper I printed out then added sage strips for the cross pieces. Finished off with brads on the cross strips and added a sage matted sentiment.
This next one is again, same sketch. Bees were prisma/gamsoled and used CM oval to cut the image and pink mat out. The sentiment is computer generated and matted on same pink. Popped these up on dimensionals. Base is real red with SU dp. I cut coordinating cross pieces from same DP then matted on real red. Finishing touches were faux pearls.

This Changito Slicker was done following Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge, LSC216. We were supposed to use a wheel (Delicate Designs in cameo coral on guava); a sentiment (Changito's "Let it Rain"); one image (Changito's Slicker); and one embelly (guava grosgrain ribbon). I colored him with prismas and gamsol and added clear sparkly gel pen to the raindrops and his buckles. I cut the image and mat in cameo coral using the Nestabilities Scallop rectangle dies and offset them before matting on the ribbon. I'd never think of trying the cameo and the guava, but it works.

I absolutely love this card - it's one of Elisabeth Bell's from the Sugar Nellie company, Girl with Birdhouse. This imag is quite large and had to go with the 5x5 card size. This followed along with the color challenge from last week, CC214, Bordering blue, saffron, pink pirouette. I used the pink pirouette and bashful blue to sponge diagonals to create the 'sky' then colored with prismas and gamsol. The pink and saffron mats were punched on one edge with a MS border punch. I added pink pirouette wide ribbon to the corner and finished it off with faux pearls.
I've had a nasty head cold with congestion last couple of weeks, and just as it starts to get better, I'm feeling lousy again today. I went to a stamp camp with at my buddy Eileen's yesterday and saw Kim and Kristin there too, so I may post those cards too if I get a chance.
Thanks for looking - and as always, I love to hear your comments.

No comments: