Had uninterrupted couple of hours this afternoon (can you say "YAY for homework?") ... so I worked on a couple more cards for this weeks Way to Use It, or in other words, use something new. I used some of Gina K's luxury white c/s to stamp these dandelions on, and again went to my Basic Grey's Lemonade paper pack. I like the way the diagonal corners look here ... I only rounded the 2 corners. I LOVE the way the gold ribbon looks against the mustard card stock. The button is from a bag I found - plastic actually - that I cut the shank from & used a glue dot for the sticky part. Don't think you can see it, but I also took a clear gel pen and made little swirls on the dandelions for a little bit of shimmer. That sentiment is actually a rub on.
For this next one, I used my new primas ... I bought a large container of the offwhite ones knowing that I could paint them to match what I wanted them to go with. Also used another sheet of Basic Grey that I just got. This Sugar Nellie Postbox was colored with copics. Ok, I said I wasn't going to say anything, but I have to - I'm not happy with the butterfly. Got a bit dark and in trying to lighten, ended up bleeding out (no, I wasn't using SU's whisper white or Gina K's luxury - that'll teach me, right, lol). OF COURSE, this happened after the rest of the coloring was done ... of which I'm actually pleased with the results ... So I used my clear Copic to try to 'sop up' the extra color. I dotted her bonnet w/the same clear gel pen and added some liquid pearls to the flower centers. The primas were spritzed with smidge of water & I then used my aqua pen & mustard to color the primas randomly. I didn't want overall coverage, so I just kind of dabbed the brush here & there so it could soak in where it wanted to. That "skinny minny" trim is from the SAB border punch that I just cut thinly so it would look like lace.
Thanks for stopping by. Would love to hear your comments.