Tuesday, March 09, 2010

This first card was made for the Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoasters - to use 2 different Nesties, Spellbinders, etc., shapes on the card. I wanted to keep it very simple, so I used the sponging technique & reverse masked the shapes onto the white cardstock before stamping my image from the Merci set by Stampin' Up. I then ran it through the swiss dots embossing folder with my Cuttlebug. Only 2 layers - Voila !


I followed the Technique Lovers Challenger for yesterday for this card - Very Vintage. (MAYBE my favorite style?) The image was stamped on cream cardstock, as was the sentiment, in chocolate. I then distressed the edges & sponged around them with cocoa. I liked the contrast between the swirly corner punch and the straight lines of the Parisian Summer paper. I especially love this crocheted cream trim. I'm running low, so will have to stock up on this. I like the dark Forest base, too. Think it's the perfect complement.

Would love to hear what you think about any of the cards you see.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: