Tuesday, March 09, 2010

This first card is representative of a two-fold challenge ... both at Splitcoasters. First, it's Color Combination Tuesday ... Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Melon Mambo. Second, I followed along (for the first time ever) at Cindy's (aka: mothermark at SCS) Teapot Tuesday. She has such fun stories to go along w/the challenges, but this was my first foray into the teapot. Be ready to be entertained at Today's Teapot Tuesday .

Cindy told us of a young woman named Lindsay who is in her 2nd trimester and just found out that she has Hodgkins Lymphoma. Click on the link to find out more about Lindsay.

Along w/this touching story, Cindy tells of a quilter she met in England and has basically gone Bobby Flay with a THROWDOWN!

I love sewing on my cards, just never seem to make it all the way up to the 3rd floor where the machine is. One of these days, I'll have to consider combining the 2 rooms.




This next card was made for Whiff of Joy's Challenge #69, Coffee and Cream
What I wouldn't have given for a long, tall cuppa joe today. Instead, I had to settle for this beautiful Willow with Hot Chocolate. I tried to keep the card with a coffee and cream theme with the plaid paper pieced chair and the background as well as the satin ribbon. My flower looks like it has arms, lol. I'll be heading to the LSS tomorrow to get some primas ... all I have are the small ones & I'd love to start using bigger & better.

Well, th...th... th... that's all folks! Thanks for stopping by for a look-see !

No comments: