Friday, May 28, 2010

Been stamping up a storm over at Splitcoaststampers site in preparation for the Wish RAK's Memorial Day Card Challenge - All cards will be forwarded on to Operation Write Home for disbursement to some of our troops serving overseas so they can send cards home to friends and family. I was one of the cheerleaders (how appropriate is that - at least I didn't have to coach these girls, lol), so we got a heads up on the challenges. As I finished each card, it was driving me batty not to upload it so I wouldn't lose it ... until I realized - I can at least put it on the computer, DUH!
If you'd like to check out Operation Write Home , just click on this link.

Well, tonight was the reveal, so here goes ...

These first 2 were based on a card sketch (#8) over at Operation Write Home. I made the first one Monochromatic in chocolate - just like the way it looked. I stamped in chocolate on close to cocoaand matted using the chocolate and some chocolate designer paper from Stampin Up.

This second one was on the brighter side. The image is a digital image from Tiffany Doodles - Love her flowers - love, love, love them! I colored this one in with Copics. I'm not 100% down with the coloring, but this was a hard cookie to color!


I sometimes like to leave sentiments off the cards I send on to the troops - you never know who they're going to write to or what they're going to write about. Sometimes generic is the best way to go. (Now, if any military significant others disagree, please let me know).







This next one was for a Red White and Blue color challenge - one that we would write our own note inside, thanking the troops for all they continue to do for us. This image is from The Stamping Boutique (Patriotic Audrey) and she was colored with Copics. I just love how the background paper works with this image (and I'm so glad I stayed w/the green dress - afraid red or blue would have just been a little redundant.)



The theme to follow with this card - in case you couldn't tell, was CAS, otherwise known as Clean and Simple. This is basically just 2 pieces of cardstock. The base and the embossed panel. I put an oval mat in to resist the embossing in the center where the image was and colored it with Copics. I lightly sponged over the script embossing and called it a day. I actually like the way it turned out - hope you do too.
Thanks for stopping by to say hey !

No comments: