Friday, May 28, 2010

Here are some more contributions to the Splitcoasters Wish RAK Memorial Day card challenges ...

This first one was themed an 'I Love You' with your choice of layouts or colors - only caveat is that there be no red or pink ... Okay, how about green and blue?

I loved his bee image (and the lady bug is one of those pesky orange ones that sting when they chomp on you). Could either be for a man or woman to send to either a man or woman - LOVING my Copics, but dang is it hard getting into nooks and crannies, lol.



This card was inspired by some bedding found over at Rosenberry Rooms. Specificially, I fell in love with this soft color palette.
This image is a digital image from Tiffany Doodles - colored with Copics. I absolutely love the way this flower turned out, and very nearly scrapped the celery ribbon but figured it was a small part of the stem, so I'd keep Celery around.

This birthday card for a boy was inspired from the same bedding site, Rosenberry's. The set I liked was the Teddy Bedding Set found here.
I created the background paper by taking a fingertip sponge dauber and twisted it in caramel and then giving it a twist when it touched the paper. I kept bouncing it around so there are all different shades of the caramel and blue, depending on how much ink was in the sponge.

This card was made for a Female's birthday. It's another digital image that I colored with Copics. When dry, I added some Icicle Stickles to the petals and let it dry overnight. Never happened to me before, but when I rubbed on the petals next day, the sparkle from the stickles rubbed off (A BIG 'NO-NO' over at Operation Write Home for the troops). Problem solving cap yielded GLOSSY ACCENTS to the rescue! I encased the stickles in glossy accents which also gave the flower petals a bit more dimension. It's a good thing this wasn't a timed challenge, lol, for it took near on a day in a half to get it done. I DO like the bright flower against the mustard backgrounds ... Wasn't sure at first how that would pan out - but was pleasantly surprised.
I'll be right back with the balance of the cards ....


No comments: