Monday, July 05, 2010

Some of this week's Gina K challenges on Stamp TV

These cards were made using some of Gina K's challenges over on StampTV. This first one was to use at least 9 circles. I wanted to contrast different designer papers agains a stark striped designer paper, so rummaged through my scraps and found these. I punched them with a 1" punch then matted on 1-1/8" rose circle. I affixed them all with floral brads. The sentiment was stamped from Gina K's Botanicals set, circle punched and matted. I added a heart brad to the larger circle, and finished off with a rose ribbon. I like the way the circle dp's look against the stripes - what do you think?


This 2nd card was made with the colors blue and green in mind. I stamped one of the frames from Gina K's Lovely Labels in Wasabi on whisper white and then the sentiment in not quite navy before cutting with the Nesties label die that coordinates. I took a piece of SU dp and cut it in decreasing sized strips then flipped over the middle piece before matting all 3 on wasabi. I wrapped some navy ribbon & knotted at top & bottom before attaching to base of NQN. The image panel is popped up on dimensionals.

This last one is my favorite, based on a photograph for inspiration. Since it's the 4th of July weekend - you guessed it, red, white, blue. I've had this Nana's Needlework set from Gina K for weeks, but this is the first time it's seen ink! I colored the image with Copics and cut out before popping up on dimensionals. The dp is an oldie from Debbie Mumm matted on real red. I added some striped ribbon and computer generated sentiment matted on blue and also popped up on dimensionals. The base is soft suede to go with the shelf.

So, what do you think?

No comments: