Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Stamping Boutique

As guest designer for the month of July, I've been cranking out cards based on the images found over at The Stamping Boutique ... Here are some more goodies.

Erin Bailey, over at Stamp Scrap and be Merry , has been sponsoring a blog hop for a little girl, Bella, who earlier this year developed a serious infection which resulted in the amputation of her limbs. This blog hop was started to get a slew of cards sent to Bella in an effort to give her some cheer. For more information on Bella's story, click on this link. While you may have run out of time to participate in the actual blog hop, it's never to late to send Bella some love.


My first card used Audrey with Ice Cream, colored with Copics. I used some dp from Paper Studio's sweet pea pack & coordinated with some guava and wasabi (what, my 2nd fave combo, lol) for the mats. As hot as it was today, I sure could have used that triple ice cream cone she's got.


This next one on the left is Audrey in front of her wishing well. It's actually 5.25 squared. I colored with Copics and layered with garden green & med blue c/s. DP is from Provo Craft packet. May be hard to tell, but the clouds have angel hair Shimmerz on them and Tracey's little stars & dots were traced with a clear glitter gel pen for sparkle. Finished off w/sentiment from Gina K, which I punched & then layered w/2 pieces of the scallop oval punch in green.


Here's a gorgeous flower image that the Stamping Boutique offers - I absolutely love the shapes of the petals on this & it was a joy to color. I kept the colors on this soft to go with the flower color, adding some white embossed cardstock and some pink and white ribbon then some buttons.



Here's another Audrey blowing bubbles image. Colored with Copics& layered with some chocolate and artichoke - looked great with this DCWV Green Stack designer paper. I did the same thing with the sparkles in her image as well as the bubble outline - traced them with the clear glitter gel pen.




This last one is from Tracey's Enchantment Line - Swan Song ... I love the way she framed them, too ... After I colored her dress, Pink and white screamed out to me again. I actually used some Cryogen Irridescent white to print out the image on - so the whole thing sparkles, even through the Copic coloring. Because it was shimmery, I went to my DCWV Luxury paper stack & picked a faded pink pattern for the background. Everything else is pirouette or pretty in pink.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at these fabulous images from The Stamping Boutique. All my cards made this month with The Stamping Boutique's images are going to be sent to little Bella. Please also take a moment to look at Bella's blog and consider sending her a card or a note of encouragement.
Stay Cool (as in the weather) ...

No comments: