Sunday, January 11, 2009

Few more cards made today ...



For the SCS challenges, I completed quite a few cards for the Inspiration challenge, the Japanese Tenugui calendars found here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grap.co.jp%2Fnugoo%2Fcalendar.html&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=



These are the 2 cards I posted in the SCS gallery, as well as a bunch extra I made to finish off the paper:

I have a pad of paper "Magic Core" that is colored at the core and back side, but the front is black. I ran these sheets through my Cuttlebug embossing folders (varied) and then sanded the surface of the black side down, revealing the core color. I mixed ethnicities, and I hope no one minds ... While I was inspired by the Japanese Tenugui artwork, the sentiment I used is actually the Chinese "Love" symbol. Simple cards, but I like the way they turned out.

The next two cards were for the Featured Challenge. Judy (SCS: jaydekay) had such a wonderful gallery, but these are my takes on a couple of her cards.
For this first one, I immediately thought of my old Stampin Up's Definitely Decorative Daisy ... Popped the main flower and leaves up on dimensionals, adding the sentiment on dimensionals as well.
Now, this next one ...
My friend, Kim, introduced me to this technique using Teykol (a white masking-type paste that I got from the Netherlands - not sure what is comparable here in the US, but it's a liquid). (Kim got the technique from her friend over in Germany, Christiana.) I stamped the image on a special glossy paper I also got from Netherlands, using Stazon black. Then I painted the white areas and let it dry completely. Afterwards, I sponged & rubbed blue inks over entire surface to bring out the resist. I love the look of this bright blue, silver and white together ...
I'm going to be trying another technique using this Teykol, so stay tuned ...
Thanks for stopping by ...

No comments: