Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This first card was for the new Wish RAK Blog Featured Stamper challenge, week 3 - Don't know if I've said it yet, but Stacy has a wonderful style. I love her cards (and her stamps even more). She has all the stamps that I want (or at least want images of), ranging from her incredible vintage stamps to the House Mice ... Incredible is about all I can say. (I digress) Anyway ... Her card was set the other way with the ribbons going up the left side, but I liked it so much that I used the layout here for this cute Moose in Love. I'm thinking I may have to get this image for myself - it's just too cute, and fairly versatile - as long as you use it with love, lol.


This card here was made in accordance with the TLC205 challenge, to use pleats. I took a sheet of daisy dp and fan-folded it then trimmed it so it would fit on this piece of chocolate card stock. Folding it lost some of the imagery, so I took some Tim Holtz tea dye ink and sponged it over the pleats to emphasize them a little bit more. I also took a flourish stamp, with tea dye, and stamped an image over the pleats. This was alot of fun ... Easier to do it with a thinner paper, tho, so be forewarned.


This card was made for the color challenge for Tuesday, January 27th: pacific point, baja breeze and garden green. I stamped the image from Upsy Daisy in baja then slight moved and stamped in pacific point to give it a shadow effect. I cut it with the Nesties Label One die and cut a pacific point mat. For the green, I cut a thin strip (about 1-1/4 inch) of garden green and punched both sides with a MS border punch that I lined up on the opposite side. I really like the pearls going across the bottom. Think they add just the right flair.
Thank you for stopping by. I always love your comments.

No comments: