Wednesday, January 07, 2009

These two cards were inspired by the MacKenzie Child website, found here: I loved the "Honeymoon" pattern in nearly any color. I followed my friend, Eileen LeFevre's, idea about patchworking the DP and then cutting the panel out with the Nesties dies. On the pink card, I stamped directly onto the patchwork, coloring the stamp directly with markers then shading them with my prismas and gamsol. The blue card was stamped using the stamp a ma jig. I actually painted a few candlesticks in ceramics recently that are reminiscent of some of the MacKenzie Child's stuff. Wonder if I could see them for as much as their stuff goes for? It IS beautiful, especially the furniture - Oh my, what I wouldn't give ...

This card was based on a Faux Silk technique. Taking crumbled up tissue paper, I applied regular glue stick to the image that was sent to me by Shannah in Australia. Without smoothing too much, I patted the crumbed up tissue paper over the image. When it was dry, I went over it again with some Tea Dye ink from Tim Holtz to bring out the wrinkles to give it a more realistic silk appearance. I love the way vintage stamps look.
This card was inspired by the Maximo website, home of artwork by Alex. Girard. I punched out butterflies from cardstock and applied them to punched circle then clear embossed over them so they look like they're encased. I like the end result, but it was kind of time consuming.
This card was inspired by SCS's Stampfilled Dreams. She had stamped a row of flowers in her 'Celebrate Summer Botanicals', found here: I love this long business size card. I'm going to have to make some more of them. I liked that this card looks so spring-y after all the snow we've had lately.
Here's another one of my Whiff of Joy images. She is just 'a Joy' to color, that's for sure. All these images remind me of the munchkin here at home. But I have to be careful. I wouldn't want it going to her head.

I started off the following card by stamping in Stazon on thick, luscious watercolor paper, then used the blender pen and ink pads to 'watercolor' the image in. Afterwards, I scored the diamond panel then sponged Tea Dye ink to age the image. Little too much, so I sanded it a smidge, which made the image fade a bit, but I like how it looks.
Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments: