Thursday, June 10, 2010

Had some time to make some of these cards - First one was made using a few stamps from Art Impressions - I stamped the watering can and colored with Copics then stamped in the foilage. I really like the background here, tho ... I took a piece of ivory script dp and clear embossed some flourishes randomly then sponged a combination of orchid and plum all over to bring out the resist. The dark and light purple layers are top with the eyelet scallop border punched. The white layer you see is actually the inside of the card, same punch. I have to say, I like this one lots.

This next card was made by stamping the image on heavy water color paper. I used watercolor pencils/aqua pen to color her in and then distressed the papers used. The background is actually a piece of ivory stamped with the Linen bg stamp and then used the marble technique with rust and chocolate (put cardstock in bottom of flat shallow container and a couple of drops of re-inker then roll the marble around - then add another color & do the same.)

This was another old SCS sketch. The image is a digital image colored with copics. I used some PTI GuideLines dp - I'm loving this paper pack - have had it for ages & just now starting to use it on a regular basis (go figure - purple IS my favorite color, lol). You can't see very well from the photo, but I traced her 'scallops' on the wings with a clear glitter gel pen to make it slightly sparkly.

This digi image has been sitting on my desk for weeks now, not sure what I wanted to do with him. Once again- an old SCS sketch challenge. Image was colored with Copics. I added some Crystal Accents to his eyeballs and the bubbles for a bit of dimension. The sentiment was computer generated. I took the Gina K digital designer paper and put 1/2 of it through the Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sponged over them with Pacific Point. For the horizontal piece, I used my Creative Memories wavy cutter and cut a strip then doodled with a white gel pen before calling it a day. I just think this is such a fun image!!!!

This sweet kittie is another digital image just barely colored with Copics. This was for an Inspiration challenge this week - I chose a set of white porcelain dishes that were hung on a wall with a very similar colored ribbon to this SU celery ribbon. I'm pretty darned happy with the bow too ... No, I didn't use the Bow Easy, lol - it's my own.

I just got this rose stamp on Monday and pictured the card I wanted immediately ... I colored it with Copics. The background paper is another from Gina K's digital paper collection. The sentiment was computer generated here as well. Finished this one off with a simple knot.

These 2 cards were as simple as could be, but I'm SO loving how they turned out. The one on the right is actually just one layer of white cardstock. I put the upper portion through the Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder and then sponged it with bashful blue. The one on the left - okay, I cheated a bit and cut a piece of white cardstock to run through the embossing folder. Both Images were colored with markers. The one on the right I 'huffed' on ... the one on the left I barely misted with water before stamping. I finished both with a bit of sparkle in the form of Stickles and then a fun piece of ribbon.
Thanks for stopping in for a peek at what I've been up to ...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

WOW...all I can say is WOW!!! Your work is STUNNING! My favorite is the rose from this is GORGEOUS!! I'm in awe! Great job! :D So glad you're the guest DT this month at TSB!!! We're happy to have you on board!!!