Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today's Ways to Use it challenge at SCS was to incorporate butterflies somehow. I was also eyeballing Sketches by {tamara}. This was for a challenge to randomly pick a Guest Designer and we could make either a Scrapbook page or a Card using this layout. I stamped the image on Gina K's luxury 120lb weight cardstock and colored her in with Copics. I then took my distresser blade and distressed the edges. I punched a vanilla and artichoke flourish with my QuicKutz die through the Cuttlebug, and then used the negative to sponge the same flourish in the image's corners with green before taking Tim Holtz' tea dye to distress all over. The sentiment was computer generated - I'm liking going online to search out poems of all kinds - Versus the alternative of having to find stamps that I don't know if they even exist! Don't get me wrong, I still do my fair share of purchasing Sentiment stamps, but when you're in the middle of a card & you don't have "just what this card needs" ... it's nice to know the computer is only 20 feet away. I used 2 different pieces of paper from the Basic Grey Capella paper pack and distressed those with tea dye also. The upright is a piece of crocheted trim that was sewn down. I added the butterflies that were punched using a Martha Stewart butterfly from the same Capella designer paper then sponged them a bit before attaching. Those of you that know me know I love my purple & green combo's, but even more, I love the vintage/antiqued/distressed (but clean) cards. How do you think this card turned out?

This card was made using this week's sketch challenge over on Splitcoasters. Surprise! My favorite purple (and green if you count the foilage)! All of the Designer Paper came from the Paper Trey Inc's Guidelines paper pack, so they coordinate very well, I think. This is actually from a set from Art Impressions - build a scene type. I loved the watering can from my last post so much that I ended up getting this set (which, among all the others, has the same watering can). I stamped the gate and then colored it with Copics faintly and then stamped the foilage and flowers. Obviously, I love this purple creation ... Only thing that upset me a bit is the scene I started with was much larger on the sides - Hurt alot to see how much of the picture ended up as scraps after I cut this oval out with the Creative Memories cutting system, but I wanted to stay true to the sketch challenge. Maybe next time I'll cut the oval first, and then stamp/color, lol.
Thanks again for stopping by ...

No comments: