Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Teddy's 1st Christmas

This little cutie is a digital image from Whimsy Stamps called Teddy's First Christmas.  The image is from the Crissy's Digi's line.  I love how Teddy seems to be taking care of that bluebird; very sweet.

Whimsy is having a design team call ending on November 7th.  The DT runs for 6 months starting in January, 2015.  I'm submitting this card for their consideration.  Whimsy Stamps has several different artists, so there's a little bit of everything to choose from.  They have rubber stamps, digital stamps, dies and embellishments ... they have the works.

I love digital images because you can see something you like, go online, order it, download it, print it and it's ready for coloring.  That being said, I also love the rubber stamps ... While you have to wait for the mail to come, sometimes it's worth it in the end, as you have the flexibility to do all kinds of things, one of them being embossing - speaking of which, one of these cards I'm going to try the white emboss with coloring.  I've seen so many beautiful cards done that way!

For this card, I went a little more 3D than I normally do (liking the simpler, clean lines that fit inside an envelope for mailing), I had just gotten these beautiful flowers in and was dying to use one.  I didn't realize they were this large, but one fits just perfection, and, this flower perfectly matches the Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler paper.  I tried to cut some snowflakes, but my Cameo is really giving me a headache and won't "connect" no matter what I do ... so not this one ... For the green background, I used a piece of digi paper from Bearly Mine Designs' Christmas Traditions paper pack and matted it onto some SU's garden green.  I then laid a 5" doily down before bumping the image up with dimensionals.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts, stamped in black and punched before matting on green label with red satin ribbon threaded through.  Added a final red flourish beneath the flower and ... VIOLA, it's done!  I hope you like it ... This is my first Christmas card this year!

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL Day!

1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute Christmas card. Thank you for entering our DT call.