Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Little Red Wagon #285 Challenge - Travelogue

This week over at Little Red Wagon, Heather has challenged us to make a project with the theme "Travelogue" - make a project that is inspired by another country, whether it's where you've travelled or wish to travel in the future, or just are inspired by another country.
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/

My first thought was Paris, I don't know why ... but I got this beautiful digital paper from Blossom Paper Art on Etsy.  That was my first step.  Usually I'll pick the image first and let it speak to me - this time, I went the other way around.  I chose this gorgeous image from A Day For Daisies called Tiny Fashionable Present (recognize the wrapping? I'm sure Paris has a Tiffany's, no?)
 
I colored her with Copics and used my handy dandy Creative Memories oval cutting system because the other oval dies just didn't fit her.  I sponged the edges of all the layers with SU's melon mambo and used melon mambo and saffron cardstock.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, as is the pretty oval beaded embellishment.  The center flower is from one of their build a flower kits.  I added some diamond Stickles to the brad and pushed down a pearl so the sparkle would show around the edges.  This beautiful satin polka dot ribbon finished off the card.

Here's a close up of the colored image.
I hope you like my contribution to the Travelogue challenge over at Little Red Wagon and have a chance to head over there to see all the other design team members' projects, as well as have a chance to play along yourself.

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,

6 comments:

JanR said...

Ooooh, I love pink and black together! Wonderful card.

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous Collette. Love the colour combo and design... you can never go wrong with A Day for Daisies image.

Heather said...

So pretty and totally inspired by a Parisian theme I can tell. Thanks for taking up my challenge. Hugs.

Joanne said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love the image, that you colored perfectly, and the paper you chose to go with it!
Joanne xo

Susie Moore said...

Your card is just lovely! I think your coloring is absolutely superb!

Play Bazaar city said...

Rishton ke phulo me gulab ho tum, Kuchh log kehte hai ki pyar sacha nhi hota, Un logon ke har sawaal ka jawab ho tum play bazaar satta king