Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Little Red Wagon Challenge #284 - Spring is in the Air

http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/

It was my turn this week to host Little Red Wagon's challenge, and because it's finally starting to get warm out, I chose the theme "Spring is in the Air" ... My crocuses are already up and the stalks of my daffodils and tulips are sprouting up, so it's just a matter of time.

I chose a beautiful image drawn by Tiffany of Tiffany Doodles Stamps with Copics.

The cardstock is from Stampin Up (garden green and burgundy).  The designer paper is digital paper that I sponged the edges with burgundy ink.  I used a pretty set of dies from Elizabeth Craft design to punch the flower in the corner, keeping it a bit subtle.  The pretty lace is from a pack of Martha Stewart lace.

For the image panel, I also sponged the edge with burgundy and added some rhinestones to opposite corners, then used a slot punch to thread the pretty cream satin ribbon through.

I hope this card puts you in mind of spring, and that you're able to play along with the challenge this week at Little Red Wagon - Spring is in the Air.
 
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Carolyn Wolff said...

So pretty! Thanks for a great challenge.

JanR said...

Stunning colouring! I really like how you did the ribbon too.

Heather said...

This is so pretty. I like the way you added the ribbon through the image.

Tracy Penney said...

That flower is gorgeous and your colouring looks amazing. Beautiful card.

Joanne said...

Beautiful card! I love the lacy trim and the die cut flower!
Joanne xo