Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Yesterday's Color Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers was to combine:
Chocolate Chip
Cherry Cobbler
Crumb Cake (aka Kraft)

Okay, I may have a favorite color combination ... I couldn't stop making cards yesterday. 

My first card was done using the digital images from the My Graphic Studio available exclusively through Stampin Up.  I printed the image from the Welcome Christmas set directly onto Stampin Up's Deck the Halls designer paper - seemed such a match.  I printed the sentiment onto white and blended some tea dye and artichoke sponging to tie in the dp.  For the card base, I used crumb cake and ran half of it through the Stampin Up Textured Wallpaper embossing folder then sponged it with cherry cobbler ink.  This whole card is truly SUO - Stampin Up Only.

My second card was made with a digital image from Tiffany Doodles, colored with Copics (R22, R24, R27, YG95, YG97, YG99, BG10).  I added a sentiment from the Stampin Up digital file from Come to Bethlehem.  I may have to get a few more packs of this Deck the Halls designer paper - it's SO my style, and I had a very hard time cutting some of it because of what was on the reverse side - "WAIT, I might use it for ..."  I finished with some red rhinestones and red ribbon threaded through a slot punch.




I actually love this third card - maybe the designer paper tipped me over the edge?  It's digital ... and I can't remember where I got it, will have to look through my files to see where I have it stashed in the computer.  It looks so close to crumb cake/kraft, tho, that I had to go for it.  The digital image is once again from Tiffany Doodles' Christmas Holly Set, colored with Copics (R22, R24, R27, YG95, YG97, YG99, Y0000).  I used the long oval & scalloped oval nesties then popped it up for dimension.  The sentiment is from the Stampin Up digital set Welcome Christmas.  I used an exacto to cut out then sponged the edges with cherry cobbler.  This ribbon ws dyed by holding it down onto the cherry cobbler stamp pad with a sponge and pulling the ribbon through underneath the sponge, flipping it over and doing some more.  It's a synthetic ribbon, harder to take the dye than the SU ribbon, but did the trick in the pinch.

For my fourth (and final card for yesterday) attempt, I used another Tiffany Doodles digital image from her new Snowman Set and colored with Copics (R22, R24, R27, E40, E41, E42, E43).  The sentiment is from Stampin Up's Bells 'n Boughs, stamped in chocolate.  Once again, Deck the Halls designer paper comes through.

I may have to go out and buy some Hershey's chocolate covered cherry kisses now ...

Anyways, thanks for stopping by ... Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration if you're in the States.
Blessings!

3 comments:

Shirley G said...

What beautiful cards, Collette. I have to say my favorite is the first. Love how you stamped on the dp. Great job

Lorie said...

Those are lovely Collette! I love Cherry Cobbler too!

Arts by Sara said...

Beautiful Cards! I love all the images you have used... more for my wishlist! LOL! Happy Creating! Sara