Tuesday, July 08, 2014

icad # 36, 37, 38

Busy weekend, so catching up ...

Day 36 prompt was tags/labels ...
I first layered a shet of Stampin Up designer paper then strips of the backside.  Then, I distressed a tag by crinkling it and rubbing with Ranger distress ink, vintage photo before decoupaging it down.  Then I added some circles and dots in brown acrylic paint before adding the computer generated quote.  I used inktense pencil to smudge around the edges of the words and the tag.
 
 
Day 37 prompt was Lollipops ... 
 
I used Neocolors II & water to color the background before stamping with one of my homemade stamps in Archival potting soil.  I also added a few circles with same ink.
Then, I took some Stampin Up cardstock and painted a pinwheel design then cut out 3 circles & twisted them so they'd look like one of those giant suckers (lollipop, lolli).  I shaded each ring with intense pencil & water then drew a spiral in the center.  The stem is from a piece of designer paper that I cut out.  Words are computer generated on kraft cardstock & decoupaged.  I shaded these with one of my green Pitt big brush markers & smudged.
 
Day 38 prompt was GREEN ...

This one was interesting ...
First, I spotted 4 different colors of green acrylic onto wax paper & folded to smoosh the colors real good.  Then I dipped the index card into the paint & lifted & moved until it was colored all over.
After it dried, I used some Ranger rock candy crackle.  Once dried, I took some Ranger vintage photo distress ink & rubbed all over.
Next came the homemade stamps with black acrylic, as well as the sentiment.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you have a great day!
Collette
 

No comments: