Friday, July 18, 2014

Icad #49

Day 49 over at Index Card a Day

Today's prompt was knots or pretzels.  I don't use my sewing machine on cards much because it's on the 2nd floor and my "studio" is down in the basement ... But when I saw knots, an image came to mind of exactly what I wanted to do.


The background was created using a circle template that I 'flicked' my Copics back and forth through before moving on to the next color.  Thank you, Michael Carnuccio from facebook for this inspiration.  I love the way the Copic lines got thicker at the edges, accentuating the sphere shape.

On top of that, again, I had some bakers twine that was sewn to the card at top and bottom, then knotted.  Initially I had a lighter color for the lettering, but because the background was so light, I wanted a bigger pop, so I went with black.  My dylusions letters were a tad too big for this, so I 'copied' the style.  Finished off with a bit of doodles in red and pink gel pens ...

Ever since I woke up this morning, the song "Carry On My Wayward Son" has been going through my head - is it a sign? 

Thanks for stopping in ...
Have a great day!
Collette

No comments: