Friday, January 02, 2015

Saturday's Paper ala Mode Challenge at The Outlawz 1-3-15

This week's Paper ala Mode Challenge over at The Outlawz involved making your own background paper.  Our sponsor this week was Bugaboo Stamps, and I used the image, "Jack and Diane" ...

For this challenge, I started with embossing a piece of Certainly Celery (SU) cardstock with the Cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers".
I then sponged the raised portions with SU inks
After this, I smoothed it with a bone folder to flatten the image and then ran it through the Cuttlebug "Argyle" folder
And then added some navy ink with a sponge before flattening it once again with the bone folder.
The next step was to stamp all over with a script background stamp in rose red (SU).
 
Here's the card, once again ...
 
and a close up of how it looked after the card was assembled ...


I haven't decided if I want to use this for an anniversary card, engagement card, or what, so I'm leaving it without a sentiment for now ...
 
Hope you have time to play along ...
would love to see what you come up with as a background.
Have a wonderful day!
 

2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Love that background - followed you over from FB and I'm glad to learn something knew and easy! Thanks ever and Happy 2015!

Joanne said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love how you created the background.
Joanne xo