Saturday, June 28, 2014

ICAD #28 - Robot

As soon as I saw the prompt for robot, I thought, this might be one I missed out on.  However ... ever since I saw it, the kid's version "It's about time ... It's about space ... it's about time to slap your face!" kept going through my head & I kept seeing Will Robinson & his trusty robot, so I figured I'd give it a go. 

I tried drawing the robot, but I guess I'm not a mechanically minded gal, so ended up collaging him onto the card.  The background is metallic silver acrylic paint.  I then took a Pitt fine point pen to draw in the seams and rivets of the metal background.  Once that was done, I went in with a couple of shades of brown and black Inktense pencils to age the metal a bit ... After all, the Robinson's have been lost in space for quite some time now ...

Thanks for popping in and have a great day!
Collette

No comments: