Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ICAD's catch up

Okay, I knew the weekend was going to be busy with catch up homework, and the same holds true for this week ... While I posted last weeks on the Facebook site, I'm posting them here to keep them on one place.  Working on most current I've done to oldest ...

#21 - Repeating pattern
I'm loving the mandala designs I see and it's so much fun and easy to do while sitting in front of the boob-tube.  After drawing this one out, I colored in with gelly rolls and copics ..
 
This is #17 - Polka Dots - if you look close, you can see I used orange tinted modeling paste with a polka dot stencil, as well as dooling the hanging polka dots ... I made the chevron stamp as well as the corner lined stamp.

Here's #16 - "Roll of the Dice" ... don't know why but the song "Luck be a Lady Tonight" by Frank Sinatra came into mind, so I had visions of Vegas ... 

ICAD #15 prompt was to use stickers ... Hmm ... I opened my GInormous sticker booklet & what should be on the first page but some oldies from Mrs. Grossman ... and the stripes were from Creative Memories when I was a consultant.  Stripes were kind of 'sky-ish', do you see it?
 
ICad prompt - this was for ABC's ... I haven't used my Zig pens for some time and was trying them out to see how many are drying up & ready for the dustbin ...  
This is my ICAD homage to the Beatles ... Love 'em ...
I happened to be doing laundry at the same time I Dylusioned the background with yellow and orange ... and dropped a fabric dryer sheet (had been through dryer cycle 2 times, so 'dead').  I thought how cool would that texture look?  Yeah, don't try it ... was a nightmare ... Took forever to get it to stick down with gel medium - and then took even longer than forever to dry - 24 hours, like.  Still - texture is pretty cool.

Here's another Mandala in color - some of the gelly rolls were light (light blue) so hard to see unless you zoom in, but the colors were very soothing to me.
Thanks for popping in for a look-see ...
Collette

No comments: