Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers

Today's Color Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers was to use Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze and Wild Wasabi. 

The background on this first card was made by stamping various snowflakes from the Snow Burst set in baja ink on baja cardstock randomly.  I then sponged the edges with baja to set it off.  I used the canvas stamped in baja on vanilla with a few more snowflakes randomly placed around the perimeter.  Once it was done, I added some Diamond Stickles to the ornaments to make them pop. 

My second card was made with the same color palette, but I used a digital image from The Stamping Boutique and followed the challenge from yesterday's post from Scrap It With a Song - specifically, Rob Thomas' Little Wonders.  The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring this weeks challenge, so head on over.  I've been itching to work on this image, so yesterday's challenge seemed to be the ticket!

I tried to used my Copics that closely matched the color combination of the day.  The background on this 2nd one was made by stamping an all over cloud image in baja ink on baja cardstock.  I wanted to keep the back of the card the blue, so I sponged around the edges before adding this to the baja base.  The sentiment is computer generated.

Thanks for popping in ... I'd love to hear what you think!  Have a great day.

5 comments:

Christy said...

So gorgeous! What fabululous work!

Thanks for playing along at Scrap It With a Song :)

bcriminger said...

I love how simple, yet continuously elegant cads. I especially love the 'little wonders' card. What a cute image and wonderful coloring!

Kelly said...

love that vintagey image! Fab!!

Lisa Smith said...

Another really cute card! Thanks for playing along with Scrap it With a Song!

anazelia said...

another great card. thanks for playing along with us- again this week.