Thursday, September 02, 2010

Simple One Layer Card

Over at SplitcoastStampers, today's Ways to Use it challenge was to use just one sheet of cardstock instead of adding designer papers, etc.  Instead of adding layers using this one sheet of cardstock, I chose to make  this card with only one half-sheet of Apricot Appeal cardstock and stamp the rest.

First, I stamped the sentiment in chocolate, then masked off with a Post-It cut from the Nesties 4 die and sponged around the shape and the edges of the card front.  I then stamped the images, including the faux stitching stamp, all in Chocolate.  After, I ran the card front through the Cuttlebug using Stampin' Up's Lattice folder.

This was so simple and took very little time (unless you factor in my having to reink my Classic chocolate ink pad with Craft reinker and me not realizing at first why it wasn't absorbing into the ink pad - duh!)  Oh well ... guess it's time for a new chocolate classic ink pad and some reinker, right?

Thanks for stopping by!  Love to know what you think.

1 comment:

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Collette you make the most beautiful cards!

This one layer card is stunning!!! Love how you embossed and masked! great job!
hugs & blessings!