Thursday, September 23, 2010

Splitcoast Challenges

For yesterday's Sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers ...

This was my first attempt ... Had in mind an idea - didn't turn out the way I planned (even tho I still like it), so I tried another one - Consider these my Rough Draft and Final Copy, lol.

I used the Stampin' Up Just Believe set for both.  In the one on the right, I created the middle layers by 'stamping off' rose red randomly to create a designer paper.  The main panel was stamped directly then sponged with some celery before matting and adding a rose ribbon.

This second one was made by inking up the image then sponging on some celery down at the bottom to give it some color differentiation.  I used the long oval Nesties then one of those mat cutters to get a closer margin on my kraft mat.  Designer paper is from Basic Grey's Bittersweet (bittersweet that I'm nearing the end of my pack); matting on pretty in pink and finishing off with a pink grosgrain ribbon and some half pearls.

I do think the 2nd is a more polished look, but I still like the first attempt, too
Thanks for popping in for a Look-See ...

No comments: