Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Spent the day at the Boutique

The Stamping Boutique, that is ... just got these new digital images and in a frenzy to get them on a card.  Had an exam in Nursing today, another one in Pharmacology tomorrow, but I wanted to play hookie for a few hours.

This first one is called Thoughts - Tracey did such a wonderful job with this.  After coloring it with Prismas/gamsol, it looked a little too perfect, so I distressed a little (okay, so it's alot, lol) ... but I like the way it turned out.  I added some Stickles to the flower centers and dots below the hearts.  SU dp matted on rose then ivory base.  Finished off with some pretty pink pearls.



This next one is Queen Elizabeth - quote says "One man with a head on his shoulders is worth a dozen without."  I'm Uber-fan of King Henry VIII, his daughter Queen Elisabeth, Tudors, Other Bolyn Girl, Mary Queen of Scots (Vanessa Redgrave was smashing in that, I think), Cate Blanchett did a great job in Elizabeth as well ... well, practically anything referencing this time period ... So when I saw this image, I HAD, had to get it. 

Elizabeth is colored with Copics/  Because she's a queen, I added some 'pearls' and glitter gel to almost anything that stood still.  The roses are from Stampin Up that I airbrushed ... are you ready?  ... with a brown - E18 to be exact.  Think they look wonderful - can still see a smattering of the ivory, but that's what makes them look so great.  I tucked some branches from the MS punch in green and brown.  Because we're talking the 1500's, I distressed the quote w/Elizabeth's 'signature' on it.  The card base is kraft, then burgundy then a toile designer paper.  I used Tim Holtz' baroque die for the next panel that I added a couple of pearls to, as well as the image panel.  I'm quite pleased with the way this one turned out!

Last, but not least, Cleopatra.  Funny ... the week before Elizabeth Taylor passed, I sat for 4 hours and watched that movie (without falling asleep), so it was very weird that Tracey came out with this image just this past week.  I love the sentiment along the side, "Don't you know that I could have poisened you a hundred times if I could have lived without you?"  I think it's a great card to send to that special guy, don't you?

She was colored with Copics then I airbrushed the sky.  I colored most of it w/a gold feel cuz Cleo was all about the bling, dontcha know?  Couldn't stop there, had to glossy accent the jewels on her headress and necklace.  And yet, it still didn't seem enough, lol, so I added some gold pearls.  I ran a sheet of daffodil through my brickyard cuttlebug folder then sponged it with mustard (I think I was spiralling out of control at this point with the gold theme) before matting on turquoise to match the sky then finished with a gold ribbon.  I thought I'd stay away from the ba-ling sparkly gold ribbon ... Sometimes too much is just that - TOO much, lol.

Anyway, that's how I spent my afternoon.  Hope you enjoyed taking a peek.  Make sure to check out Tracey's store at The Stamping Boutique.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Such beautiful creations!!!