Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Little Red Wagon's Winter Washi Challenge

Alright, am I the last hold out for Washi Tape?  I don't own a roll.  Well, this week, it's Winter Washi week over at The Little Red Wagon's challenge page.

Back when I was doing some art journaling, I made some 'washi tape' that was made with cloth bandage tape and stamped all over, but I had a Valentine's card in mind - here in Chicago, it's still winter when Valentine's Day comes around - and none of those worked.  So ... I pulled out my "Tape It" stamp set from Stampin Up and proceeded to make some background paper using the stamps, as well as strips for the top of the card.

I colored this image from Saturated Canary, found in the Valentine's Bundle,
with Copics.
Cardstock used was Stampin Up's tempting turquoise and pretty in pink
(along with inks, including rose red).
I used a heart doily that I sponged in rose red.  The teal square is digital paper, as well as the pink checkerboard piece.  The hearts were cut with the Stampin Up embosslit scalloped heart and then sponged over with rose red.
 
From the looks of it, it's kind of simple,
but this was a bit labor intensive, hope you like it.
 
Here's a close up of the image:
 
I hope you have a chance to head over to The Little Red Wagon and play along with the Winter Washi challenge this week!
 
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

JanR said...

Made your own washi tape! That's awesome! Lovely card.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very clever to make your own tape. Love it.

Susie Moore said...

Well look how clever you are. I would never have thought of that. Brilliant!. Love your card.

marion said...

Just love the soft colours and your colouring, fabulous and sweet card, hugs, Marion

Joanne said...

Your card is so incredibly sweet! I love the image and how you colored her hair is amazing! Lovely!
Joanne xo