Monday, November 17, 2014

All Dressed Up for the Ballet

I may just get a batch of Christmas cards done this year to send out ... Woot!

This adorable image is from All Dressed Up, called Ballerina.  She was colored with Copics (see list below).  After she was cut out, I fussy cut around her legs and skirt to leave a little bit of her 'hanging off the edge' ... I've been doing that a bit lately, and I actually really like it ... what do you think ?

I used some digital papers from Bearly Mine Designs' Christmas Tradition paper pack with some Stampin Up cardstock (garden green & cobbler).  The snowflake and "hohoho" were cut with the Silhouette Cameo.  I added a strip of scalloped lace and some pearls.

Once again, I kept layering a bit simpler - While I can build a card and make it 3-dimensional, I worry sometimes that people seeing elaborately made cards might become intimidated and discouraged.  I'm also always thinking about mailing my cards - can I put them in an envelope, or do I have to get a box and pay more postage?  Either way, I like to think that my cards are interesting without too much frou frou ... That being said, I do love those cards/projects that are embellished to the hilt, such a dilemma! 

Here's a close up:
Copics Used:
     Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20
     Hair:  E37,35,YR23,21
     Red:  R27,24,22,20
     Green:  G16,09,14,20
 
I'm planning on submitting this card for the All Dressed Up design team call
 
Hope you enjoyed the card ... Come back and see what else I have tomorrow.
Have a WONDERFUL day!

3 comments:

Anne Lise said...

Beautiful card!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous colouring and I love how she looks with the Christmas colours.
Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up DT call and wishing you good luck.
Marilyn

Marilyn said...

Collette, I cannot locate an email address for you so will you please contact me at the All Dressed Up email at alldressedupchallenge@gmail.com