Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Snow Fairy Frost

Oh my gosh, it's colder than a ... well, it's pretty darned cold here.  It's only mid-November, and the temperature has already dropped to 5 degrees (F*).  I'm not ready for the cold yet ...

I guess the cold was good for one thing today, though ... it reminded me that I'd had this adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil called Winter Fairy Halla that needed some color ... As usual, I used my beloved Copics to color this cutie up.  I used my spellbinders to cut him out and then fussy cut the swirls of frost he's blowing out.

The cardstock is Stampin Up (bashful and ballet) with a little bit of white cardstock from Staples for the snowflakes & whatnot.  The designer papers are from Bearly Mine Designs' Pastel Christmas paper pack.  I really like the way the plaid and snowflake paper go together.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the corner flourish w/ornaments, snowflakes and "joy".  The white parts I sponged with some bashful SU ink to soften them a bit.  I colored the 2 star ornaments with Copics and then added some Glossy Accents to make them shine.  I also added a bit of Stampendous' shabby blue, sprinkled around the image.  I also did the same treatment to the white layer of 'joy', a little thicker though, so it looks a bit marble-y.

Here's another view that shows the shiny ornaments a bit more ...


Here's a close up of the image:
Is this not a SWEET image or what?
 
Copics Used:
     Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20
     Hair:  E37,35,YR23,21
     Blues:  B04,02,00,000,0000 with BV11
     C3,1,00

Totally enjoyed coloring this one up and putting it all together.
Hope you enjoy it as well.
Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! Love your choice of colors!! Awesome coloring!! Beautiful!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov. 22nd)