Friday, November 21, 2014

How's about a cuppa?

I have two cards to share with you today ...

This first one is an image from Saturated Canary called Latte ... Didn't realize how much I like pink, but think it really worked for this card.  As usual, I used Copics to color her.


Papers used were Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette and Celery cardstocks.  The designer papers are digital from Bearly Mine Designs' Pastel Christmas (the snowflake & plaid layers) ... the floral layer, I can't find which pack it came from.

Before I cut out the image panel, I sprinkled some Stampendous Shabby Blue embossing enamel (has bits of white & gold embossing powder with some blue glitter mixed in).  After using the creative memories oval cutting system (just always gives me the right size for the images I print out), I used the Silhouette Cameo for the snowflakes and ornament.  I added some shabby blue embossing to the image panel then sponged all the layers with Pretty in Pink from Stampin' Up.  Once it was all laid down, I added some fruit punch and diamond Stickles to the ornament and added the pink bakers twine.

Here's a close up ...

For the second card, I made another snowman card - this is the image I made for The Outlawz challenge a couple of weeks ago before realizing the color combo was supposed to be purple/teal ... The image is from Squigglefly, and can be found here, called Which  List Snowman ...
 
This was also colored with Copics and then fussy cut around the list to make it look like it was coming off the page.  Cardstock was from Stampin Up, cherry cobbler and bashful blue - I love the way the pastel blue looks with the red ... something different.
The designer paper is from Bearly Mine Designs.  I first printed red from their Mini Dots paper pack, then used the script from their Black and White pack.  The blue layer is from their gingham pack.  I finished it off with some embellishments cut with the Silhouette Cameo ...

Here's a close up ...

 
Hope you like them both ...
Looks like I may be sending Christmas cards out this year, lol.
Have a WONDERFUL day!
 

1 comment:

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

Love your card!!
how did you get the spotty look with the embossing powder?